Monday, February 12, 2018

Counting my Blessings

Recently, I was subbing for seventh grade. One period was confirmation and so the church pastor came in to teach. As the sub, I got to chill out in the back of the room!

They were discussing what faith means and what our lives would be like without faith. It was so cool to hear what the students had to say about this! It got me also reflecting on what my life would be like without God and faith.

Before the class left, they all wrote two things down that they were thankful for. Some decided to share what they were thankful for and many wrote about family, friends, school, and a home.

The pastor's idea of getting in the habit of being grateful was to frequently write down blessings and things we are grateful for. This way we would remember to thank God and others for everything in our life. He suggested making these lists within a prayer journal, so I have decided to start that here. Every once in a while, I will add to this list of blessings.


  • Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins and rising again
  • My parents
  • My fiance, Josh  
  • My wonderful friends
  • My best friend, Bekah
  • Health Insurance Coverage 
  • Plenty of good food & wine 
  • Substitute teaching 
  • Future job
  • Warm weather finally appearing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!